Applications available for the 2019 Amanda Post “AmandaWins” SAC (& RHHS) Student-Athlete Scholarship(s)
This annual $5,000 scholarship is offered in loving memory of Amanda Josephine Post who passed away in 2009, during her freshman year at River Hill High School and her ninth year as a Soccer Association of Columbia/Howard County player, due to complications from a bone marrow transplant (BMT) for relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
The scholarship was created by Amanda’s family, friends, teammates and classmates, based on how Amanda would want her memory perpetuated and focusing on that for which she was so passionate … excellence in academics and athletics, and being part of the SAC community. The scholarship is awarded annually to help defray tuition/room & board/expenses for the recipient’s freshman year of college.
In addition to the Amanda Post “AmandaWins” SAC Student-Athlete Scholarship, the Amanda Post Memorial Fund also offers The Amanda Post “AmandaWins” River Hill High School Student-Athlete Scholarship, which is separate $5,000 scholarship offered to students who attend RHHS. SAC members who also attend RHHS are welcome to apply for either/both scholarships.
A total of eleven $5,000 “AmandaWins” SAC scholarships have been awarded in the first nine years to:
- Class of 2010 SAC player/Mt. Hebron HS graduate Erica Cranston;
- Class of 2011 SAC players/(both) Reservoir HS graduates Ryan Konstanzer and Breanna Marsh;
- Class of 2012 SAC player/Wilde Lake HS graduate Gillian Sawyer;
- Class of 2013 SAC player/Atholton High School graduate Isabelle Kim;
- Class of 2014 SAC players/Marriotts Ridge HS graduate Andre Chen and Centennial HS graduate Ruthanna Lucas;
- Class of 2015 SAC player/Reservoir HS graduate Natalie Raymond;
- Class of 2016 SAC player/River Hill HS graduate Rebecca Higgins;
- Class of 2017 SAC player/Mt. Hebron HS graduate Lauren Murphy; and,
- Class of 2018 SAC player/Centennial HS graduate Rohit Vepa.
In addition to these SAC scholarships, a total of thirteen $5,000 RHHS scholarships have been awarded, resulting in a total of $120,000 awarded to twenty-four Howard County high school graduates in these first nine years of Amanda’s two scholarships.
All information, guidelines, and applications for both scholarships can be found at the following links:
Applications are to be submitted online at the Foundation’s website via the above links, and will be accepted through Friday March 8, 2019. Please also note Amanda’s SAC scholarship is available to any player who has played at SAC on a Travel or Rec team at least one year during high school and not just specifically during their senior year.