The Soccer Association of Columbia is awarding two $500 scholarships to graduating high school students who will be attending an institute of higher education in the upcoming academic year. The scholarship will be awarded to one male and one female student. Specific application details are as follows:
Section I – General Rules
- The theme of this year’s essay is ‘The impact playing club soccer has had on my life”.
- Contestants must compose and submit an essay of original content with limited guidance from adults, teachers.
- All entries must be received no later than midnight May 31 at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail Attention of Scholarship Committee Soccer Association of Columbia/HC, Lucido Fields at Covenant Park 4650 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21042.
- Limit one (1) Entry per person. Multiple entries will result in the disqualification of all entries.
- By entering this Contest, participants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of judges which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- SAC will have the right to publish or otherwise duplicate any essay entered in the contest, along with the author’s name, without payment to the author.
- One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded by judges to a single female winner and a single male winner no later than June 7.
Section II – Qualifications for Contestants
- Must be a currently registered SAC player.
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or better and graduate High School by August, of the current year.
- Must plan on attending a higher education institution.
- Entrant must be available for a personal interview with the Committee and make H.S. transcript available upon request.
Section III – Written Essay Contest Rules
- Each entry must begin with a title page or heading containing: official topic, “The impact playing Club soccer has had on my life.” writer’s name, address, phone number, date of birth, grade and current SAC team.
- Essays must contain no fewer than 250 words and no more than 500 words. Every word of the essay is counted. (This does not include the title and author information).
- Email entries must be submitted in WORD or PDF format.
- ESSAY MUST BE SOLELY THE ORIGINAL WORK OF ENTRANT. No part of an Entry can have been submitted to any other contest or competition or be previously published or otherwise publicly disseminated.
All entries must be received no later than midnight May 31 at: email@example.com